Mount Vets COVID 19 Update for The Poultry Department:
To all Poultry clients,
This is just to reassure you that our intention is for the department to run as normally as possible through the COVID 19 outbreak. If you have pre booked work, for example an annual flock health visit then this work is NOT considered urgent and will currently NOT go ahead, but if you have a day or emergency call, or need some medicines putting up then please give the practice a call in the usual way. Because of our role in food production The Farm and Poultry Department is on the Protected Workers List, so we anticipate that nothing will change even if further restrictions on movement or a full ‘lockdown’ are put in place by the government.
On Farm Visits and Work
We are taking a comprehensive range of precautions to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. As part of this it is vital that we minimise risks when conducting on farm visits and work so please bear in mind the following points;
- Most of our work is in well ventilated sheds or outdoors which markedly reduces the risks of any transmission.
- We will adhere strictly to the government social distancing guidelines of a minimum 2 metres gap between all vet and farm staff.
- We will always wear gloves or sterilise our hands upon arrival, wear the usual coveralls and wellingtons and scrub off when we have finished with FAM30 disinfectant and use hand sanitiser.
- Any meeting should be conducted outdoors, and the same 2 metre rule will apply.
- No vet that is self-isolating will be sent on a visit. If you have any farm staff that are self-isolating then please make sure that they do not attend.
These will take place as normal at the Practice. Please notify us that you are coming to drop them in. Please do not attend the practice if you are showing any symptoms of Corvid 19 and arrange for someone else to bring them in. Please place the birds in the entrance to the PM room to the left of the main reception door. There are submission forms on the wall so please fill one out and place it with the birds. You may want to wait for the results in order to take medicines away with you. This is absolutely fine as long as the 2m rule applies outside. You will unfortunately NOT be allowed in the PM room or the office. All medicines will be put into the red box for you.
Medicines and other products
The practice maintains good stocks of veterinary medicines, multivits, water sanitiser, disinfectants, acids etc. However, we have limited storage available for fridge medicines (e.g. vaccines) so we would advise clients to increase stock levels of these items to cover any interruption in supply.
- All non-fridge medicines to be picked up from Colliton will be left for collection in the red metal box to the right of the reception door. It will be open during office hours but will be locked with the usual combination lock padlock. For the combination, please call the office or call / text Stuart (07850 469595)
- If you are collecting a fridge item from Colliton, or need to drop off a sample (water or faecal egg count), or you have another enquiry then please knock on the reception door or give a wave through the window. If you are unable to see anyone then please give the practice a call in the usual way.
- Our opening hours are currently:
Colliton: Mon – Fri 09.00 – 17.30; Sat 9am to 1pm.
- We will continue with delivery to farm as usual via TNT carrier who seem to be looking after us really well as an essential worker business.
No change, please ring the same number out of hours: 01404 841011
We will communicate via this website, text and email. If COVID 19 does affect the practice then we will inform clients of any change in arrangements through these channels so please check them daily as events are moving fast. If any of your staff would like to receive updates then please ask then to contact the practice with their details and we can email them directly.
Finally, it goes without saying that all of us at the practice extend our very best wishes to all clients and their families in such uncertain times. If there is any other way that we can help whilst we are out on our rounds or otherwise then please let us know.
With kind regards
The Poultry Team