Help to control pet behaviour with an animal behaviourist
Our Practice behaviourist, Jacki Cook Dip CAPBT, is a highly qualified animal behaviourist and dog trainer. Jacki holds regular clinics at the Practice, co-ordinates our puppy parties and runs several dog training classes for older pups and dogs.
Jacki’s methods are based on kind, fair and effective reward-based training techniques.
You can arrange a consultation at the Practice, or if it is more appropriate to see your pet in its home environment Jacki can visit you and your pet at home. Home visits include a one and a half hour consultation, a written report and a follow up telephone consultation.
Some of the behavioural problems that Jacki commonly deals with in dogs include:
- Aggression towards other dogs or people
- Separation issues
- Chewing or destructive behaviour
- Fear of loud noises such as thunder or fireworks
- Chasing people, other animals, cyclists etc.
- Inappropriate guarding of food, toys and owners
- Problem adolescent behaviour
- Pulling on the lead
- Ignoring their owner’s commands
- Jumping up
- Car travel problems
In cats, Jacki’s advice is often required with issues such as:
- Inappropriate toileting
- Indoor spraying
- Scratching the furniture
- General fear related issues
- Fighting with other cats in the home or outside
- Aggression towards other cats, owners or children
Jacki can also offer advice on environmental enrichment for indoor cats, introducing new kittens or rescue cats into the home and helping your cat cope with stress.
The majority of Jacki’s work is with dogs and cats but she can also help with behavioural problems in other species such as rabbits and even parrots!
Please telephone 01823 662286 to make an appointment to see Jacki Cook if you would like some help with your pet’s behavioural problem.
Speak with a qualified vet...
The staff at Mount Vets are here to help with any questions you may have on this subject. We can quickly help you determine if your pet requires treatment from a member of our vet or nurse team.