Mount Vets COVID 19 Update for The Equine Department:
To all equine clients,
This is just to reassure you that our intention is for the department to run as normally as possible through the COVID 19 outbreak with respect to critical care. Please feel free to call the practice as needed for clarification on what non-critical work we are still able to carrying out.
We are taking a comprehensive range of precautions to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. As part of this it is vital that we minimise risks when conducting visits so please bear in mind the following points;
- Most of our work is in well ventilated stables or outdoors which markedly reduces the risks of any transmission.
- We will adhere strictly to the government social distancing guidelines of a minimum 2 metres gap between all vets and owners.
- We will always wear gloves or sterilise our hands on arrival and departure.
- Any meeting should be conducted outdoors, and the same 2 metre rule will apply.
- No vet that is self isolating will be sent on a visit. If you are self-isolating then please make sure that you do not attend but rather send a representative who can safely handle your horse
Our feeling is that these instructions may well change in the near future so please check regularly for further updates.
The practice maintains good stocks of veterinary medicines.
- All non fridge medicines to be picked up from Wellington will be left for collection in the white ‘Alcove’ box to the right of the reception door.
- If you are collecting a fridge item form Wellington, or need to drop off a sample, or you have another enquiry then please knock on the reception door or give a wave through the window. If you are unable to see anyone then please give the practice a call in the usual way. Reception will be staffed as usual but if you are unable to find anyone then please give the practice a call in the usual way.
Wellington: Mon – Fri 08.30 – 18.00, Sat 08.30 – 12.00
No change, please ring the same number out of hours: 01823 662286
We will communicate via this website, text and phone enquiries. If COVID 19 does affect the practice then we will inform clients of any change in arrangements through these channels so please check the website regularly as events are moving fast.
Finally, it goes without saying that all of us at the practice extend our very best wishes to all clients and their families in such uncertain times. If there is any other way that we can help whilst we are out on our rounds or otherwise then please let us know.
With kind regards
The Equine Team