Our Practice behaviourist, Jacki Cook Dip CAPBT, is a highly qualified animal behaviourist and dog trainer. Jacki holds regular clinics at the Practice, co-ordinates our puppy parties and runs several dog training classes for older pups and dogs.
Jacki’s methods are based on kind, fair and effective reward-based training techniques.
You can arrange a consultation at the Practice, or if it is more appropriate to see your pet in its home environment Jacki can visit you and your pet at home. Home visits include a one and a half hour consultation, a written report and a follow up telephone consultation.
Some of the behavioural problems that Jacki commonly deals with in dogs include:
- Aggression towards other dogs or people
- Separation issues
- Chewing or destructive behaviour
- Fear of loud noises such as thunder or fireworks
- Chasing people, other animals, cyclists etc.
- Inappropriate guarding of food, toys and owners
- Problem adolescent behaviour
- Pulling on the lead
- Ignoring their owner’s commands
- Jumping up
- Car travel problems